4/4/17

Ed Sheeran (7) - Week of April 15, 2017

Sorry that I couldn't get this post out sooner. The only real reason that I didn't have this post out any sooner was just pure laziness. here were the poll results from two weeks ago (I forgot to update it and I'm posting the results right now. There will be a new poll out soon). There were six responses, with Paris getting five votes, Shape of You getting one vote, and the rest of the songs got zero votes. This week was straight up mediocre at its best, and nothing interesting happened here. So let's get to our exits:

  • Alessia Cara - Scars to Your Beautiful (#15)
  • Fitz/The Tantrums - HandClap (#40) [Good riddance, and don't fucking re-enter again!]
Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
The Chart
40. Major Lazer/PARTYNEXTDOOR/Nicki Minaj - Run Up (#37)
39. Drake - Passonfruit (debut)
38. Axwell/Ingrosso/Kid Ink - I Love You (#38)
37. Drake - Fake Love (#34)
36. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry) (#27) [Flop?]
35. AJR - Weak (#35)
34. Zayn/PARTYNEXTDOOR - Still Got Time (debut)
33. Stargate/P!nk/Sia - Waterfall (#36)
32. Train - Play That Song (#33) [Haha Hollow Man!]
31. Machine Gun Kelly/Hailee Steinfeld - At My Best (#39)
30. Sabrina Carpenter - Thumbs (#28)
29. Martin Garrix/Dua Lipa - Scared to be Lonely (#30) [Yes!]
28. Ariana Grande/Future - Everyday (#21) [Finally!]
27. Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign - Swalla (#31)
26. Kyle/Lil Yatchy - iSpy (#32)
25. Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake (#29)
24. Adele - Water Under the Bridge (#26)
23. Starley - Call On Me (#24)
22. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide (#25)
21. Big Sean - Bounce Back (#23) [Please don't hit the top 20!]
20. Lorde - Green Light (#22)
19. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#20)
18. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#17) [Die already!]
17. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#19) [Take that .!]
16. Julia Michaels - Issues (#18) [You've gotta be fucking kidding me.....]
15. Machine Gun Kelly/Camilla Cabello - Bad Things (#12)
14. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (#16)
13. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#14) [Yes!]
12. Maroon 5/Future - Cold (#13)
11. Marian Hill - Down (#10)
10. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#7)
9. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#11)
8. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm (#9)
7. Rihanna - Love on the Brain (#5)
6. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne Marie - Rockabye (#8) [What the fuck?]
5. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#6)
4. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (#3)
3. Zayn Malik/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#2)
2. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#4) [I'm done....]
1. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You (#1) (seventh week at #1)

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Selena Gomez - Hands to Myself

Greatest Gainer: Bruno Mars - That's What I Like

Hot Shot Debut: Zayn/PARTYNEXTDOOR - Still Got Time

New Entrants
-Still Got Time is bland and boring. The verses are mediocre at its best, and the music doesn't have my appeal. I would much rather have preferred songs such as Pillowtalk and I Don't Wanna Live Forever (even that is better than this song), and this song was really close to being pink. I really hope that this song doesn't become a big hit, and with songs such as Shape of You holding the top, hopefully that doesn't happen.

-Drake's songs have been really crappy throughout the year and last year. I think that Passonfruit is the only good song that was ever created by Drake. I love the verses for whatever reason, and it's unlike anything that Drake has ever done in the past, trying to bog us with random and at most bad verses. This song has been the exact opposite. With songs like Fake Love dying, hopefully this song can replace it. Too bad that this song was taken away from the Hot Shot Debut with Still Got Time. But I can still live with that.

Still Got Blurbs
-That above title is true. As much as I don't like our Hot Shot Debut, I still have to do everything based off of there. Sadly.

-Good riddance to long-awaited Scars to Your Beautiful and especially fucking HandClap. Both of these exits will never be missed by me even the slightest. Two more songs to be put in the land of the forgotten.

-So is Make Me (Cry) going to flop on this chart? I hope not. Billboard, you introduce all of these new artists, you have to make sure that their first song does well to "motivate" them in a way to continue to make music.

-Everyday dropping is making me happy. I really hope that I don't have to review this song, because words cannot explain how pleasing this song is to drop not just five spots, but more than five spots (seven, to be exact).

-I really hope the top 20 can maintain its current position. We have six really trashy songs right behind it that should really flop.

-Say You Won't Let Go is getting better and better after each listen. Sorry ., but Hollow Man, Adrian, Scott, and Jack are really pushing me to like this song even more, but you're not making me like this song any less.

-There is nothing special about Stay. Zedd and Alessia Cara have done better songs than this one. The music is straight up mediocre, and the lyrics are decent. But don't get me started on the lyrics........

-If I want Shape of You to be replaced, I want it to be replaced by one of the two Chainsmokers songs.

-So Marian Hill - Down starts dropping right after I like this song? Sounds about right.

-I'm finished with Rockabye. This song seriously does not need to hit #1. I will admit that this song is still better than Cheap Thrills, but still, this song is so crappy. Can we not, please?

-I'm really finished with That's What I Like being the greatest gainer. I wanted to put this song in pink so bad after that, but I hate Julia Michaels - Issues so much! Issues is probably the worst song of the year so far because it's bland, boring, and lyric-wise the song is dumb. I can criticize this song in just about every way I want to.

-We need something else other than Ed Sheeran - Shape of You to be at #1. But I would take that song over That's What I Like and I Don't Wanna Live Forever, but can we get that song out of here in the future?

Top 20 Review

-1 - Worst Song
20. Juila Michaels - Issues

0 - Garbage
19. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
18. Rihanna - Love on the Brain
17. Zayn Malik/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
16. Maroon 5/Future - Cold
15. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
14. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
13. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
12. Machine Gun Kelly/Camilla Cabello - Bad Things
11. Shawn Mendes - Mercy

1 - Bad
10. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne Marie - Rockabye

2 - Mediocre
9. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay
8. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy
7. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
6. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne Marie - Rockabye
5. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm

3 - Decent
None!

4 - Good
4. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming

5 - Great
3. Marian Hill - Down
2. The Chainsmokers - Paris
 

6 - Best Song
1. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This

Total Score: 30/100 (Extremely Awful, get this higher!)

My Top 5 Picks 

1. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This
2. The Chainsmokers - Paris
3. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry)
4. Train - Play That Song
5. Martin Garrix/Dua Lipa - Scared to be Lonely

My Bottom 5 Picks
1. Julia Michaels - Issues
2.
Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
3. Zayn/PARTYNEXTDOOR - Still Got Time
4. Ariana Grande/Future - Everyday
5. Drake - Fake Love

#1 Recommendation for This Chart: Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life

-Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment