4/11/17

Ed Sheeran (8) - Week of April 22, 2017

Oh my god. Someone kill me. We still have our trashy #1 song but our #2 is even worse. But the trashiest song of the year just had to jump, but I'm not quitting on blogging just because of that. Our #15 song exits for the third week in a row, and we've had five debuts, which is the record ever since I started blogging. But the best song of the year so far also jumped, which I guess cancels out with the worst song of the year jumping. But we did have some activity going on here, but of course the hot shot debut had to jump, then again, that other debut last week jumped even more, making the two somehow cancel out. But the thing that me, Hollow Man, ., and Sasha hate the most is #36 leaving the chart. But most people despise this song, so I beg you guys to please not have a be-gone party. As far as the poll goes, there was more variety of responses. So here we go:

Paris (1st time) 6 votes
That's What I Like (1st time) 1 vote
Shape of You (1st time) 1 vote

It was pretty much almost identical to last time's poll results. I'm pretty sure . voted for Shape of You again. But let's get to our exits:
  • Machine Gun Kelly/Camilla Cabello - Bad Things (#15)
  • Adele - Water Under the Bridge (#24)
  • Ariana Grande/Future - Everyday (#28)
  • Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry) (#36)
  • Major Lazer/PARTYNEXTDOOR/Nicki Minaj - Run Up (#40)
Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
The Chart
40. Rag'n'BoneMan - Human (debut)
39. G-Eazy/Kenlani - Good Life (debut)
38. Sabrina Carpenter - Thumbs (#30) (Take that .!)
37. Drake - Fake Love (#37) (Fucking leave already!)
36. Halsey - Now or Never (debut)
35. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill (debut)
34. Stargate/P!nk/Sia - Waterfall (#33)
33. AJR - Weak (#35)
32. Axwell/Ingrosso/Kid Ink - I Love You (#38) [What the fuck?]
31. Train - Play That Song (#32)
30. Drake - Passonfruit (#39) [OMG Yes!]
29. Harry Styles - Sign of the Tunes (debut) [Ugh....]
28. Martin Garrix/Dua Lipa - Scared to be Lonely (#29)
27. Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign - Swalla (#27)
26. Zayn/PARTYNEXTDOOR - Still Got Time (#34) [Fucking drop!]
25. Machine Gun Kelly/Hailee Steinfeld - At My Best (#31)
24. Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake (#25)
23. Kyle/Lil Yatchy - iSpy (#26)
22. Starley - Call On Me (#23) [Fucking drop already!] 
21. Lorde - Green Light (#20)
20. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide (#22)
19. Big Sean - Bounce Back (#21) [Noooooo.......]
18. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#19)
17. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#18)
16. Marian Hill - Down (#11) [What the fuck?]
15. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#10)
14. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#17)
13. Julia Michaels - Issues (#16) [For real this time, I'm done....]
12. Maroon 5/Future - Cold (#12)
11. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (#14)
10. Rihanna - Love on the Brain (#7)
9. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#13) [Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
8. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm (#8)
7. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#9)
6. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne Marie - Rockabye (#6)
5. Zayn Malik/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#3)
4. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (#4)
3. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#5) [!!!]
2. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#2)
1. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You (#1) (eighth week at #1)

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself, & I

Greatest Gainer & Hot Shot Debut: Harry Styles - Sign of the Tunes

New Entrants
-At #40 we have the song of Human. Honestly, this song is too weird for me to fully enjoy. I can't stand the chorus that much even though the lyrics are super catchy. It was kind of unexpected for this song to debut at #40 here and at #100 on the Billboard. But I am enjoying this song at the moment more so let's hope that this song can somehow get rid of the some of the bad songs that are currently on this chart. But my opinion could change on this song soon.

-Good Life is nothing but amazing. The verses are well-though of, and the music is amazing, especially the pre-chorus. I can't stand out but listen to this song a lot. G-Eazy has definitely impressed me with his songs, such as Me, Myself, & I, so let's hope that this song has some success on the countdown as well.

-After Not Afraid Anymore failed to make it onto this chart we have Now or Never. This is personally not Halsey's best song, but I can definitely take it. She shows it through here vocals and music that goes along with this song is some pretty cool stuff. This song is the exact opposite of what New Americana is. I'll accept this song being on here for however long it will be on this chart, and it will always be for a good reason.

-Next up is #35 with Castle on the Hill by Ed Sheeran. I personally thought that since Shape of You was a big hit that this song would fail to make it onto this chart. I'm glad I was wrong. When Ed Sheeran does things with his guitar, he makes it a hundred times better. This can all be proven with this song. The lyrics are amazing, the pre-chorus is catchy, and how does anyone not like this song? This is the best debut of our five. I'll definitely accept this song debuting at #6 on the Billboard a few months ago. This song is probably Ed Sheeran's best song to date and it's always going to be for good reasons.

-Of course the worst debut of the week just had to have the title of greatest gainer and hot shot debut both in one week. To start us off, the vocals are horrible, and the music is trash. The lyrics aren't that special to me, and it all composes on making such a bad and crappy song. Let's hope that this song cannot become a big hit and be an even bigger flop than Make Me (Cry). Despite all my hate for this song, though, it's not the worst song on this chart, or even my bottom 5 songs for this chart. I don't know what 2017 has gotten into in music, but my hypothesis is that we're just in the dark ages for music.

Sign of the Blurbs
-I never expected to write so much on the new entrants. But there were a lot. So there probably won't be that many blurbs this week. I'm hoping to get an album review sometime soon when I have the time, so that's partially the reason why there aren't that many blurbs.

-To be honest with you, Bad Things was long overdue, and good riddance to Water Under the Bridge and Everyday. Run Up definitely will not be missed either. But the only exit that I can see that probably deserves recognition is Make Me (Cry). One of the catchiest songs out of the entire year, and the only song to date in which before I heard this song I thought it was going to be complete trashy but I really like the song. I don't think I'm the only person out there that agrees with my statements. I don't think that song will re-enter, though, but it looks like Water Under the Bridge and Run Up could though.

-I really wish Sabrina Carpenter - Thumbs could leave soon. This song probably should've left instead of Make Me (Cry), and should I have to do a blurb on this, I will.

-I am praying right now that I Love You will not become a hit. Please don't become a hit, I beg you.

-Of course that huge piece of trash that debuted the countdown last week had to make an eight spot jump. It isn't really that big anywhere else, so hopefully this song will flop.

-Of course Green Light had to leave the top 20 just so we could get Slide in it. I want to get rid of that song in the top 20, and if it takes having me to put Green Light in green, then we'll just have to let that be.

-Of course Marian Hill - Down has to continue dropping. It looks like it could miss the year-end lists for all stations completely, while I don't want that to happen. At least it looks like someone agrees with me.

-Say You Won't Let Go just gets better and better after each listen. I finally figured out what was the best thing about this song, and it's the lyrics.

-Issues had better not be jumping. I'm praying at this point that this song can drop soon and miss all of the year-end charts, because this song is complete trash.

-Of course Something Just Like This made it into the top 10 soon. If this song can hit #1 sometime soon I'd be impressed, but the chances of that happening soon are like nothing.

-Hooray for I Don't Wanna Live Forever dropping. Hopefully it'll leave soon, but from what it looks like, it already clenched a spot on the year-end list. I can't stand the song anymore at this point, so hopefully the song will leave.

-Yes for Paris jumping! I know that the chances of it hitting #1 aren't that high, but if it could stay on this chart and in the top 5 that would be great. You all know by now that I'm a huge fan of the Chainsmokers.

-Of course we still have our #2 holding on. To be honest, I am really hoping that Issues can leave soon, not just for the sake of myself, just so that That's What I Like can go into the color that it deserves. I don't see this song dropping anytime soon, though.

-Billboard made a mistake by saying that Hands to Myself was the #1 song this week one year ago. Hands to Myself was not #1 for two consecutive weeks in April 2016. Get it right, Billboard!

Top 20 Review

-1 - Worst Song
20. Juila Michaels - Issues


0 - Garbage
19. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
18. Rihanna - Love on the Brain
17. Zayn Malik/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever

16. Big Sean - Bounce Back
15. Maroon 5/Future - Cold
14. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
13. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
12. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
11. Shawn Mendes - Mercy 

10. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne Marie - Rockabye

1 - Bad
9. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide

8. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay

2 - Mediocre
7. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy
6. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go

 

3 - Decent
5. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm 

4 - Good
4. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming


5 - Great
3. Marian Hill - Down
2. The Chainsmokers - Paris

    
6 - Best Song
1. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This 


Total Score: 28/100 (Insanely Awful)

My Top 5 Picks
1. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This
2. The Chainsmokers - Paris
3. Martin Garrix/Dua Lipa - Scared to be Lonely
4. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill
5. Train - Play That Song

My Bottom 5 Picks
1. Julia Michaels - Issues
2. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like 
3. Drake - Fake Love
4. Zayn/PARTYNEXTDOOR - Still Got Time
5. Rihanna - Love on the Brain

Songs That Debuted This Chart This Week One Year Ago + Review On Greatest Gainer

Greatest Gainer: Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close
This song doesn't grab my attention that much at all. The lyrics have nothing to do with the song itself, and the pre-chorus is terrible. I don't know who thought of creating a song like this and why it was the greatest gainer in the first place, but sorry Hollow Man, I do not like it. (2.5/10)

Hot Shot Debut: Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
Oh great, another song on here that I don't like. Sorry Jack, but I can't stand the obnoxious screaming from the kid, and again, Sean Paul makes the song worse. I just don't understand how this song could hit #1 on the Billboard and this chart. But I guess America has some mindsets to fix when it comes to music. (3/10)

Other Debut: Rihanna - Kiss It Better
I would have never thought of a song with this title. Seriously, guys, why did a song with this title on it have to become a hit? (2/10)


Other Debut: Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty
This song pretty much contradicts everything said in Hide Away. I can't stand the music that goes along in the song, but thankfully this song wasn't popular anywhere on the Billboard, but it was on Hits 1. I can't see why this song is catchy in the first place. Daya is failing miserably to impress me with her new singles, and this song proves it. (1.5/10)

#1 Recommendation for This Chart: Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl

I'm going to do these things now called question of the week, or QOTW. These will be any sort of questions for you guys to answer. Here's the first one:

Question of the Week (QOTW): Which one of our five debuts this week do you like the best? Given that Castle on the Hill is the only debut that appears in my top 5 picks this week, that should give you my answer.

-Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment