4/18/17

Ed Sheeran (9) - Week of April 29, 2017

Well then, I'd hesitate to call this week a good week, to begin with. We did have some good exits leaving us, even if they weren't replaced with some of the best songs that are out there. I have yet to finish my blog intro special, and I'm working on each post day by day on hopefully completing them. Anyways, we have a two-exit week this week. Also, Shape of You now makes it on the "most # of weeks at #1" since it spent nine weeks at #1 on this chart, which I'm definitely not looking forward to. Since I really have nothing else to talk about, here are the poll results.

Paris (1st time) 5 votes
That's What I Like (1st time) 1 vote
Shape of You (1st time) 1 vote

So Paris won this week's competition again. I'm also hoping that this song could hit #1 sometime soon. But that unfortunately may not happen, but we'll see. Let's get to our exits:
  • Drake - Fake Love (#37)
  • Sabrina Carpenter - Thumbs (#38)
Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
The Chart
40. Chance the Rapper/Knox Fortune - All Night (debut)
39. Rag'n'BoneMan - Human (#40)
38. Imagine Dragons - Believer (debut)
37. G-Eazy/Kehlani - Good Life (#39)
36. Stargate/P!nk/Sia - Waterfall (#34)
35. AJR - Weak (#33)
34. Axwell/Ingrosso/Kid Ink - I Love You (#32)
33. Train - Play That Song (#31)
32. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill (#35)
31. Martin Garrix/Dua Lipa - Scared to be Lonely (#28)
30. Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign - Swalla (#27)
29. Drake - Passonfruit (#30)
28. Lorde - Green Light (#21)
27. Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake (#24)
26. Halsey - Now or Never (#36)
25. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#17)
24. Zayn/PARTYNEXTDOOR - Still Got Time (#26)
23. Machine Gun Kelly/Hailee Steinfeld - At My Best (#25)
22. Kyle/Lil Yatchy - iSpy (#23)
21. Starley - Call On Me (#22)
20. Marian Hill - Down (#16)
19. Big Sean - Bounce Back (#19)
18. Harry Styles - Sign of the Times (#29)
17. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide (#20)
16. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#18)
15. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#15)
14. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#14)
13. Julia Michaels - Issues (#13)
12. Rihanna - Love on the Brain (#10)
11. Maroon 5/Future - Cold (#12)
10. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm (#8)
9. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (#11)
8. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#9)
7. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#5)
6. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#7)
5. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (#4)
4. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne Marie - Rockabye (#6)
3. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#3)
2. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#2)
1. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You (#1) (ninth week at #1)

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself, & I

Hot Shot Debut: Imagine Dragons - Believer (#38)

Greatest Gainer: Harry Styles - Sign of the Tunes (#18)

New Entrants

-At #40 we have Chance the Rapper featuring Knox Fortune with All Night. Personally, I think that this song is more rap than pop, but who knows Billboard does some really crazy things with songs like this one and just adds in random rap songs such as this one. This rap song is actually quite good. The music is amazing, and I watched a performance on this song the other day, which pretty much just made the song better. The lyrics are laughable, which makes the song better also. But the vocals are actually pretty good. But personally, I have no idea if this song is going to debut my #40Tuesday though, but in time, we'll see if it does or doesn't. Sorry for those of you who aren't big fans of Chance the Rapper or just somehow hate this song, but this song is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. Unfortunately for me and those rap fans out there it looks like it's only going to be a matter of weeks before the song is gone from this chart. Or it could miraculously hit #1 (and I don't mean "miraculously" by "I love it," it's just that I think that it's kind of weird for a rap song to hit #1 on a pop songs station on the Billboard. But something like this happened exactly one year ago (can you guess the rap song)?

-Our less interesting debut this week comes from Imagine Dragons with Believer. To be honest with you, this is not the Imagine Dragons that I used to like, with really big hits such as Radioactive and I Bet My Life. This song is completely different. The vocals are a mess, and they aren't laughable like the ones in Chance the Rapper/Knox Fortune - All Night. The first verse is okay, but other than that, the song is a complete mess. I also hate when they say "pain" and "you build me a believer, believer" because those are the worst lines in the entire song, or at least that's how Imagine Dragons sings it like that. There is too much music going on, and the "Oh-ooh" part is definitely one of the worst. I'm sorry for those of you who like this song, but I'm going to have to put this song under "crap" because of how lazy the production is. Maybe doing that is a little bit of an exaggeration now that I go back to this song, but we'll see if that changes. Maybe it will. Maybe it won't. But for now I'm definitely not enjoying this song at all.

You Made Me a Blurber

-Yuck. I'll never miss any of our exits. I know that . is going to be sad about Thumbs leaving so quickly, and the Drake fans from The Drake Show are going to be sad over Fake Love leaving. But not me. The point is, I won't miss either of our exits. Next!

-I'm actually getting kind of worried that Human isn't going to do anything here. Then again, I don't really see this song becoming that big of a hit, but can we please peak higher than songs like Million Reasons, who really need to leave this chart soon?

-It looks like Waterfall is going to be in brown for the rest of its tenure. Not because I like it or anything, but I can't really hate it. Unless it spends like twenty weeks, makes a huge jump, or just somehow becomes a hit here. The point is, I want this song to leave, but I probably won't miss seeing this song leave.

-Oh great. Songs like Play That Song, Scared to be Lonely, and Swalla are dropping. Billboard, you must realize, that you're dropping all of the good songs and keeping all of the trashy songs such as Love on the Brain and I Don't Wanna Live Forever here. Fix this Billboard!

-Green Light is really going to be a flop here. Billboard, you do understand that you jumped this song up like 81 spots on the Hot 100, and now it's flopping here?  #BillboardLogic

-Oh no. iSpy and Call On Me are really close in entering the top 20. Please, just somehow make these songs flop!

-Of course Down is dropping just because I'm liking this song. Wow.

-I'm actually really surprised that Mercy is still here. Not because I don't hear this song on my local radio every day, but because of Billboard's rule. Basically the rule is, if the song spent at least twenty weeks on this chart and is mean to be ranked below #15, then instead of keeping that song on the chart, Billboard kicks this song out. So let's say that Mercy is supposed to be #16 this week. Instead of Mercy being at #16, it would actually be one of our exits because of that rule. It used to be #20 instead of #15 for this chart, which is pretty much making songs having really long tenures on this chart much harder to achieve, just because of that.

-Issues just got worse. And despite that, it's not the worst song here.

-Chained to the Rhythm, can you please just leave? I really don't want to have to hate a song from an artist that I actually like, Katy Perry. So yeah, it would be appreciative if you could leave soon.

-I personally think that Something Just Like This is going to enter the top 5 soon. And that means that songs like I Feel It Coming and I Don't Wanna Live Forever are going to start dropping. Maybe even Shape of You can start to decline since I'm sick of it and I really don't want this song spending more time at #1 than Closer.

-Can It Ain't Me not hit the top 5? I can't stand Selena Gomez's verses, and Kygo doesn't do anything in this song. The music is terrible, same with the verses.

-Great, I've always wanted Rockabye to enter the top 5. The last thing that I need is some mediocre Sean Paul verses entering the top 5 and invading the chart.

-I've never wanted to say it, but it looks like if Shape of You is going to decline, then That's What I Like could have a chance of hitting #1. Paris, Something Just Like This, and maybe even Rockabye should get rid of That's What I Like and Shape of You from hitting #1. The last thing I need is a trashy Bruno Mars song to be at #1 on this chart. Wow.

Top 20 Review

-1 - Worst Song
20.  Bruno Mars - That's What I Like


0 - Garbage
19. Rihanna - Love on the Brain

18. Julia Michaels - Issues
17. Harry Styles - Sign of the Times
16. Zayn Malik/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
15. Big Sean - Bounce Back
14. Maroon 5/Future - Cold
13. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
12. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
11. Shawn Mendes - Mercy
10. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne Marie - Rockabye

9. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide

1 - Bad
8. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy


2 - Mediocre
7. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm


3 - Decent
6. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming


4 - Good
5. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay

4. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go

5 - Great
3. Marian Hill - Down
2. The Chainsmokers - Paris


6 - Best Song
1. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This


Total Score: 29/100 (Insanely Awful)


#1 Recommendation for This Chart: Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl

My Top 5 Picks
1. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This
2. Martin Garrix/Dua Lipa - Scared to be Lonely
3. The Chainsmokers - Paris
4. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill
5. Train - Play That Song

My Bottom 5 Picks
1. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
2. Rihanna - Love on the Brain
3. Zayn/PARTYNEXTDOOR - Still Got Time
4. Julia Michaels - Issues
5. Harry Styles - Sign of the Times

Question of the Week (QOTW): What's your opinion on Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl? To me, the song is pretty much the next Castle on the Hill made so much better. I can't stop listening to this song, as you all probably know.

Song That Debuted This Week One Year Ago + Review On Greatest Gainer

Greatest Gainer: Lukas Graham - 7 Years
I can't stand the singing in the chorus. Lukas Graham really needs to try harder if he wants to please me with his new singles. (2/10)

Hot Shot Debut: Drake/WizKid/Kyla - One Dance
Okay, just because of Drake, this song is really bad. I hate the rapping in this song, and the fact that every single video posted on YouTube does not contain the full song is really driving me nuts. (1/10)

Other Debut: Pitbull/Enrique Inglesias - Messin' Around
Really catchy song. (8/10)

Other Debut: P!nk - Just Like Fire
Sorry guys, but I can't stand the singing on this song. The pre-chorus is awful,  the music is terrifying to my ears, and the way P!nk sings in the song is really driving me crazy. (2.5/10)

Other Debut: Jeremih - Oui
Just your average song. Nothing special about it. (4/10)



-Thanks for reading, everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I didn't like the other version so I converted to this one. This unfortunately deleted all of your comments.

    ReplyDelete