1/1/17

Blog Intro Special: Ariana Grande + Nicki Minaj (3) - Week of January 7, 2017

Hello! I'm continuing my blog intro special with the first week of this year on the Billboard Pop Chart. I wish I started this blog like at the start of the year just because, so I decided to make a "Blog Intro Special" which basically has twelve posts reviewing the twelve first weeks at I missed. This will also help me make my records page for this blog, similar to what . does on his blog, except for the fact that I'm removing a few sections and adding some more that I think are relevant to the chart itself. Another thing to mention that when I first reviewed them (not on this blog), I only had green, yellow, red, dark green, and turquoise. I didn't have purple or blue back then, but I'm adding them here because at the end of each post I had a favorite and least favorite song. I didn't have any blurbs back then or a top 20 review, but I am going to review the new entrants. Very few songs on this chart were actually on the latest chart (check my latest post, if you want). So let's to our exit:
  • X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#11) [YES!!!!!!!!!!]
Last Week's #1 Song: Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side to Side
The Chart
40. Kaleo - Way Down We Go (#39) [Fucking leave already!]
39. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne Marie - Rockabye (debut)
38. D.R.A.M./Lil Yatchy - Broccoli (#38)
37. Nick Fradini - All On You (#35) [See #40]
36. Fitz/The Tantrums - HandClap (#40)
35. Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl (#24) [Ouch!]
34. Anne Marie - Alarm (#34) [Stop being a space filler and fucking leave already!]
33. Daya - Words (#37)
32. DJ Khaled/Nicki Minaj/Chris Brown/August Alsina/Jeremih/Future/Rick Ross - Do You Mind (#36)
31. Amine - Caroline (#33) 
30. OneRepublic - Kids (#29)
29. Flume/Tove Lo - Say It (#32)
28. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#31)
27. Britney Spears/Tinashe - Slumber Party (#30)
26. Lukas Graham - You're Not There (#28)
25. Hey Violet - Guys My Age (#26)
24. Bebe Rexha - I Got You (#27) [Fucking drop already!]
23. Dua Lipa - Blow Your Mind (Mwah) (#23)
22. Drake - Fake Love (#25)
21. John Legend - Love Me Now (#22)
20. Adele - Water Under the Bridge (#21)
19. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (#20)
18. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha - In the Name of Love (#16)
17. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#18)
16. Rae Sremmurd/Gucci Mane - Black Beatles (#17)
15. Zayn Malik/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#19)
14. Jon Bellion - All Time Low (#15)
13. Niall Horan - This Town (#14)
12. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#12)
11. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest (#10)
10. Rihanna - Love on the Brain (#13)
9. Machine Gun Kelly/Camilla Cabello - Bad Things (#9)
8. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (#7) [Haha Scott!]
7. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (#8)
6. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving (#6)
5. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (#5)
4. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#4)
3. Alessia Cara - Scars to Your Beautiful (#3)
2. Maroon 5/Kendrick Lamar - Don't Wanna Know (#2)
1. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side to Side (#1) (third week at #1) 

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Justin Bieber - Sorry

Hot Shot Debut: Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne Marie - Rockabye


Greatest Gainer: Zayn Malik/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever

New Entrants
-So our lone entrant comes from Clean Bandit and Sean Paul and Anne Marie with Rockabye. Personally, I have mixed feelings on this song. We have the catchy chorus, but the lyrics aren't that good. I mean, it sounds like Anne Marie is talking to like little kids when she sings her lines, and Sean Paul with his "rocka-rocka-rocka-bye" is actually kind of stupid. The thing that makes up for the song is the music and the catchiness of the song. I think saying that the song is bad would be an overexaggeration. But while it's in yellow at the moment, it's definitely closer to red than it is to green. Rating: 5.5/10


-I hope you enjoyed-seeing my review for this week along with past weeks to come (reviews, to be honest). Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment