1/31/17

Blog Intro Special: Alessia Cara (2) - Week of February 11, 2017

Welcome back to another blog intro post! Sorry if I'm spamming you with posts at the moment. I wonder how much longer it's going to take for someone besides Hollow Man to comment on my blogs. But that doesn't matter at the moment. This is still only the first month and I can take that. But this week is getting worse and worse. I mean, take a look at like four of our five debuts. They are not good. And the fifth one is like...mediocre, at the very best. I can't take this anymore, like I said again. I hope next week is a better week. Hopefully there can actually be good entrants and good exits next week. I highly doubt that, though. Let's get to our exits:
  • DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (#12)
  • Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha - In the Name of Love (#34) [What the fuck Billboard?]
  • DJ Khaled/Nicki Minaj/Chris Brown/August Alsina/Jeremih/Future/Rick Ross - Do You Mind (#37)
  • Dua Lipa - Blow Your Mind (Mwah) (#38)
  • G-Eazy/Marc E. Bassy - Some Kind of Drug (#40)
Last Week's #1 Song: Alessia Cara - Scars to Your Beautiful
The Chart
40. Kaleo - Way Down We Go (#36) [Leave already!]
39. Migos/Lil Uzi Vert - Bad & Boujee (debut)
38. Sabrina Carpenter - Thumbs (debut)
37. Britney Spears/Tinashe - Slumber Party (#33)
36. Marian Hill - Down (debut)
35. Calum Scott - Dancing On My Own (#35)
34. Starley - Call On Me (debut)
33. Daya - Words (#31)
32. Amine - Caroline (#30)
31. Julia Michaels - Issues (debut)
30. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#32)
29. Fitz/The Tantrums - HandClap (#29)
28. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#39)
27. Flume/Tove Lo - Say It (#28)
26. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest (#25)
25. Lukas Graham - You're Not There (#26)
24. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry) (#27)
23. Hey Violet - Guys My Age (#23)
22. John Legend - Love Me Now (#21)
21. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne Marie - Rockabye (#24)
20. Bebe Rexha - I Got You (#22)
19. Drake - Fake Love (#20)
18. Adele - Water Under the Bridge (#18)
17. Rae Sremmurd/Gucci Mane - Black Beatles (#16)
16. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (#13)
15. Jon Bellion - All Time Low (#17)
14. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#19)
13. Niall Horan - This Town (#15)
12. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (#10)
11. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#14)
10. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (#9)
9. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving (#5)
8. Rihanna - Love on the Brain (#8)
7. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You (#11)
6. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#6)
5. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#7)
4. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side to Side (#4)
3. Maroon 5/Kendrick Lamar - Don't Wanna Know (#2)
2. Machine Gun Kelly/Camilla Cabello - Bad Things (#3)
1. Alessia Cara - Scars to Your Beautiful (#1) (second week at #1)

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Justin Bieber - Love Yourself

Greatest Gainer: The Chainsmokers - Paris (#14)

Hot Shot Debut: Julia Michaels - Issues (#31)

New Entrants

-We're first going to start out with our trashy rap song that just debuted this week. This one is Bad & Boujee. I was praying back then that this song wouldn't become a hit, but unfortunately it did. Literally, spending three weeks at #1 on the Hot 100 and blocking out Shape of You two weeks in a row from that chart from #1, that song was a hit. I don't exactly know what to say about this song other than that it's a really trashy rap song and I hope that I don't have to explain this song any further for you rap fans. Hopefully this song doesn't do well here, and besides, this is a pop songs chart, not a rap songs chart.

-Next up is Thumbs by Sabrina Carpenter. It starts out with a bunch of horrible singing, the verses are terrible, and the music is complete trash. Not to mention that this song is a bit catchy. But I still can't take this song. I don't think a single person out there likes this song at all. The most annoying verse out of all of them is the "skiddy-da-dum-dum" which she pretty much sings every other line in the song. And what's up with the horrible, annoying, repetitive "Somewhere in the world." I can't take this song anymore. What kind of makes me like this song somewhat is that me and Sabrina Carpenter have a common birthday.  Hopefully this song doesn't do well here. But it looks like this song could become a hit after all.

-Our mediocre song out of the five debuts and frankly the best one is Marian Hill with Down. Okay, no, I do not hate this song, because I can't hate it with the catchy music. The official video is actually pretty good, but the lyrics are straight dumb. It sounds like Marian Hill is trying to say "Are you dumb?" instead of "Are you down?" The music between beats are pretty much just space fillers and they're pretty lame in my opinion. Once again, no, I do not hate this song, I just think that the song is rather mediocre, and that Marian Hill really needs to step her game up, especially on this song. To be honest with you, I think that Hollow Man, Adrian, ., Parker, and Jack are going to adore this song. But not me.

-Next up is Starley with Call On Me. Personally, a song that says "You can call on me" is really bad already on its own. But to be honest with you, the music in this song is awful. How can I even stand to even listen to this song when I'm in my car turning up my local radio? The lyrics are straight up trash, and the way that Starley signs this horrible song pretty much makes this song even worse. I've heard much worse songs than this one, so I'm not saying that this song is the worst, but it's really bad. I hate it when people request songs like this one on the radio. This song actually has a good YouTube streak already, which I'm pretty much afraid of right now. Hopefully that on its own doesn't mean that this song is going to do well here, and let's hope that this song flops here instead.

-Our last, highest ranking debut, highest debut, and the worst debut of this week, we have Julia Michaels with Issues. To be honest, this song is having a negative impact on the music industry if I really want 2017 to be a better year for music. First off, we have the world of nothingness going on here, and what is that? I've got issues, you've got them too has got to be one of the most annoying and repetitive verses that I have ever heard in my life. I can't exactly say that this song is going to flop because it's actually gaining on the Hot 100, which means that it's going to gain on here. The way Julia Michaels sings this song pretty much makes the song even worse.I can't exactly say that this song won't become a big hit, because I know that it will, considering how much it's gaining on the Billboard Hot 100 at this point, which makes me really mad. Let's hope that this song doesn't become a hit here.


-Thanks for reading, everybody!

3 comments:

  1. 1. You forgot a top 20 review.
    2. What's up with the number generator?
    3. Can you put a "current #1" for That's What I Like for the poll?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. I'll either add that in to the post later, or use that as a comment.
      2. Just something that I put up there for fun. Just to see if people like it.
      3. Sure!

      Delete
    2. For #3, I can't do that this week because someone already voted. But I'll do that next week!

      Delete