1/11/17

Blog Intro Special: Ariana Grande + Nicki Minaj (5) - Week of January 21, 2017

Here we go again with the third leg of our journey here. Honestly, the chart keeps on getting worse and worse. Either it's because of overplay exposure, or that's who it just goes. To be honest here, even former #1's on this chart I'm starting to get a little sick of. Our top 10 hasn't changed in like forever. Hopefully things will be a lot better next week, but I highly doubt it. It's enough. But at least we got really good exits leaving us.
  • Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#11) [!!]
  • D.R.A.M./Lil Yatchy - Broccoli (#39)
Last Week's #1 Song: Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side to Side
The Chart
40. Calum Scott - Dancing On My Own (debut)
39. OneRepublic - Kids (#31)
38. Kaleo - Way Down We Go (#38) [Can you do me a favor, stop being a space filler, and leave already!]
37. Anne Marie - Alarm (#35)
36. Nick Fradini - All On You (#36)
35. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry) (#40)
34. DJ Khaled/Nicki Minaj/Chris Brown/August Alsina/Jeremih/Future/Rick Ross - Do You Mind (#33)
33. Daya - Words (#32)
32. Fitz/The Tantrums - HandClap (#34)
31. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne Marie - Rockabye (#37)
30. Amine - Caroline (#30)
29. Flume/Tove Lo - Say It (#29)
28. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#27)
27. Britney Spears/Tinashe - Slumber Party (#28)
26. Lukas Graham - You're Not There (#26)
25. Dua Lipa - Blow Your Mind (Mwah) (#24)
24. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You (debut)
23. Hey Violet - Guys My Age (#25)
22. Bebe Rexha - I Got You (#23)
21. Drake - Fake Love (#22)
20. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha - In the Name of Love (#19)
19. John Legend - Love Me Now (#21)
18. Adele - Water Under the Bridge (#20)
17. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest (#12)
16. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#18)
15. Jon Bellion - All Time Low (#15)
14. Rae Sremmurd/Gucci Mane - Black Beatles (#16)
13. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (#17)
12. Niall Horan - This Town (#14)
11. Zayn Malik/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#13)
10. Rihanna - Love on the Brain (#10)
9. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (#8)
8. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (#7)
7. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (#6)
6. Machine Gun Kelly/Camilla Cabello - Bad Things (#9)
5. Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving (#5)
4. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#4)
3. Alessia Cara - Scars to Your Beautiful (#2)
2. Maroon 5/Kendrick Lamar - Don't Wanna Know (#3)
1. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side to Side (#1) (fifth week at #1)

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Selena Gomez - Same Old Love

Hot Shot Debut & Greatest Gainer: Ed Sheeran - Shape of You

New Entrants
-At #40 we have Calum Scott with Dancing On My Own. Personally, this is a really good song, despite it being boring and all of that. I know that many critics are going to disagree with me, but I definitely like this one. The piano ballad makes it even better. But I can kind of already predict that this song is going to flop here since it isn't really popular anywhere else, sadly.

-The less interesting song that debuts this week is Shape of You by Ed Sheeran. Personally, I liked Thinking Out Loud, Photograph, and I already like Castle on the Hill. But when Ed Sheeran does things without his guitar the production always turns out lazy. The pre-chorus is horrifying, and the lyrics are just straight up annoying, at most mediocre. The vocals are okay, but the music is trash since Ed Sheeran isn't using his guitar for any of this. I can already understand why this song debuted so high, because it's predicted to debut at #1 on the Hot 100 next week. I don't know why the Billboard likes this song so much to begin with. And this song is most likely going to be at #1 here as well unless with a miracle it doesn't, and with a double miracle it just somehow flops, which is really unlikely.



-This is the week when I start posting my top 5 picks and my bottom 5 picks.

My Top 5 Picks
1. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha - In the Name of Love
2. OneRepublic - Kids
3. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
4. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy
5. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side to Side

My Bottom 5 Picks
1. Bebe Rexha - I Got You
2. Kaleo - Way Down We Go
3. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
4. Nick Fradini - All On You
5. Drake - Fake Love

-Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment