5/16/17

The Chainsmokers + Coldplay (1) - Week of May 27, 2017

So my favorite song on the chart dethroned last week's #1 from this chart. It's pretty close, but we'll see if that happens or not, but it, again, might not happen to being with. Here are the songs dropping out:
  • Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Dont Wanna Live Forever (#12)
  • The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (#13)
  • Starley - Call On Me (#35)
  • Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm (#36)
  • G-Eazy/Kehlani - Good Life (#39)
Last Week's #1 Song: Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
The Chart
40. Play N. Skllz/A Bunch of Featured Artists - Si Una Vez (DEBUT)
39. Marian Hill - Down (#37)
38. Katy Perry/Migos - Bon Appetit (DEBUT)
37. Miley Cyrus - Malibu (DEBUT)

36. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (DEBUT)
35. Zayn/PARTYNEXTDOOR - Still Got Time (#27)
34. Axwell/Ingrosso/Kid Ink - I Love You (#33)
33. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises (#40)
32. Rag'n'BoneMan - Human (#38)
31. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (DEBUT)
30. Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake (#23)
29. AJR - Weak (#32)
28. DNCE/Nicki Minaj - Kissing Strangers (#30)
27. Train - Play That Song (#29)
26. Charlie Puth - Attention (#34)
25. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#31)
24. Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign - Swalla (#26)
23. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#25)
22. Martin Garrix/Dua Lipa - Scared to be Lonely (#22)
21. Machine Gun Kelly/Hailee Steinfeld - At My Best (#21)
20. Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (#28)
19. Kyle/Lil Yatchy - iSpy (#19)
18. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#24)
17. Drake - Passionfruit (#18)
16. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#17)
15. Harry Styles - Sign of the Times (#14)
14. Halsey - Now or Never (#16)
13. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill (#15)
12. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance the Rapper/Lil Wayne - I'm the One (#20)
11. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#9)
10. Maroon 5/Future - Cold (#10)
9. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide (#11)
8. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne Marie - Rockabye (#6)
7. Julia Michaels - Issues (#8)
6. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#7)
5. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You (#3) [9 Weeks at #1]
4. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (#5)
3. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#4)
2. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#1) [3 Weeks at #1]
1. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#2) [1st Week at #1]

Hot Shot Debut: Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#31)

Greatest Gainer: DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance the Rapper/Lil Wayne - I'm the One (#12)

Biggest Drop of the Week: Zayn/PARTYNEXTDOOR - Still Got Time (-8)

Biggest Jump of the Week: Charlie Puth - Attention (+8)

Top 5 This Week One Year Ago
5. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (10/10)
4. Fifth Harmony/Ty Dolla $ign - Work From Home (3.5/10)
3. Zayn - Pillowtalk (9.5/10)
2. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza! (10/10)
1. Lukas Graham - 7 Years (2.5/10)

New Entrants

-For the first entrant at #40, I only heard the song once so I don't really have a say as to why or how I have an opinion on the song. Honestly, I'm surprised that the song even debuted on this chart. I'm not exactly going to talk about this song in much detail just because. The lyrics are good, but I don't like the production of the song very much. The vocals are really mediocre. And seriously, again, a bunch of featured artists is killing me when I type this out. Anyways, most of you are probably unfamiliar with this song. Don't worry, I am too. I can predict that this song is going to be a one-week wonder just because it's hardly popular.

-Well now we get interesting, with Katy Perry replacing herself with Bon Appetit. I think any Migos into the equation for this song pretty much makes the song a bit worse. Don't worry, I still like this song. The vocals are really amazing, and the lyrics are awesome. The only problem I have with the song is that the music can get annoying sometimes with the constant downbeats and all of that. But this song is definitely a much better version of Chained to the Rhythm. Migos adding himself to the song lowers my rating of the song a little bit, but that does not mean that I hate the song. Something tells me, though, that this song is going to flop here like Chained to the Rhythm did. But at least it made it here.

-I'm not very familiar with Miley Cyrus, nor that I really want to get familiar with her in the first place. I like Noah Cyrus's music much better, with her two singles of Make Me (Cry) and Stay Together, which were both pretty amazing songs. This one, I feel is just the opposite. I like Miley's vocals, but I don't like the production or the music that goes into the song. The lyrics I guess are okay, but whatever. I was actually juggling on between brown and yellow, but I decided yellow at the last minute just because of Noah Cyrus.

-Our best debut this week comes from Sam Hunt with Body Like A Back Road. I am a huge fan of Sam Hunt, with some of his songs being Take Your Time and House Party. Those were really good songs. This song matches with the exact same level as those two songs. I really like the production. The production is great and there is no reason anyone should hate the production of this song. The lyrics are actually really good. Same thing with the vocals. The music that goes in with this song matches with the song perfectly. Seriously haters, you really have to hate on such a good country song, and one of the best of the year?

-Our hot shot debut comes from Niall Horan with Slow Hands. I don't know if Hollow Man will like this song more over This Town, but I certainly do. The production is at a really good tempo and is not slow and sluggish like it was with This Town. The vocals are really good as well, just like they were in This Town. The lyrics are amazing as well. This is definitely the second best debut of the week, and I am looking forward to this song becoming as big as a hit like This Town was, if not, even more.

Slow Blurbs

-I'm sorry if the blurbs for the new entrants were pretty short. But the thing is, when there are more entrants, I can't write a lot, because that takes away from my more superior priorities.

-We did get rid of four old songs, and we'll see if I grow into any of them. The one exit that I think that does deserve recognition is G-Eazy and Kehlani with Good Life. Thank you for your amazing lyrics, right production, and great vocals. You will definitely be missed. You will probably see this song one last time on my top 40 songs of 2017 page at the end of the year.

-Just letting you know that the color for #40 means that I have no opinion on the song. I believe that this is the first time in which I used that color in one of my posts.

-Well, Marian Hill - Down is crowded with a bunch of debuts. I highly doubt it won't be long before this song leaves.

-Hopefully it won't be long before Still Got Time and I Love You leave. They're basically being a bunch of space fillers at this point.

-Hopefully it won't be long before Cake leaves at well. Thank you for bringing back bad Maroon 5 memories.

-Even though I think that the song is becoming old, thankfully Play That Song isn't finished yet. That's good.

-Great, Believer and The Cure are jumping. Seriously guys, this songs are complete garbage, especially with the former having the trashiest music humanely possible.

-So, are Scared to be Lonely and At My Best going to jump, or are they just to stay at middle ground?

-I have indeed somewhat grown into Despacito and Shape of You.

-It looks like this could be the end of Paris. Thank you for your time on the chart.

-Rockabye being in dark red is not a joke. I actually hate that song a lot now.

-Say You Won't Let Go jumping is fine with me but Issues jumping isn't.

-I don't understand the obsessions for It Ain't Me. The lyrics are so stupid, the music is trash, and the vocals are a letdown.

-Thankfully my favorite song on the chart dethroned my least favorite song on the chart from the top spot. This is what I call a good week.

-So, for our poll results, Something Just Like This had six votes, Stay had three votes, and the other three songs had exactly one vote each. Nothing much to say beyond that.

Top 20 Review

-1 - Worst Song
20. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like

0 - Garbage
19. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne Marie - Rockabye
18. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
17. Harry Styles - Sign of the Times
16. Kyle/Lil Yatchy - iSpy
15. Maroon 5/Future - Cold

1 - Bad
14. Julia Michaels - Issues
13. DJ Khaled/Quavo/Chance the Rapper/Justin Bieber/Lil Wayne - I'm the One
12. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide

2 - Mediocre
12. Luis Fonsi/Justin Bieber/Daddy Yankee - Despacito
11. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
10. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy

3 - Decent
9. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay

4 - Good
7. The Chainsmokers - Paris

5 - Great
6. Halsey - Now or Never
5. Drake - Passionfruit
4. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
3. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
2. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill

6 - Best Song
1. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This

Total Score: 46/100 (Bad)

Most Missed Pick: Calvin Harris/Rihanna - We Found Love

Favorite Song Off of the Chart One Year Ago: Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman

#1 Recommendation for This Chart: Kendrick Lamar - DNA

My Top 5 Picks
1. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This
2. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill
3. Martin Garrix/Dua Lipa - Scared to be Lonely
4. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road
5. Machine Gun Kelly/Hailee Steinfeld - At My Best

My Bottom 5 Picks
1. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
2. Lady Gaga - The Cure
3. Imagine Dragons - Believer
4. Zayn/PARTYNEXTDOOR - Still Got Time 
5. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne Marie - Rockabye

QOTW #1: What is your favorite song off of DAMN? My favorite song off of DAMN is Kendrick Lamar - DNA.

QOTW #2: Why is the song you chose in QOTW #1 your favorite song off of DAMN? The reason that I like Kendrick Lamar - DNA a lot is because of its amazing production, vocals, and the lyrics are a step up from most other songs such as It Ain't Me.

Songs That Debuted This Week One Year Ago + Review On Greatest Gainer

Greatest Gainer: Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling
I already reviewed this song last week. Just check my brief review from last week. (10/10)

Hot Shot Debut: Belly/The Weeknd - Might Not
The vocals are trash, the lyrics are dumb, and is definitely the worst The Weeknd song out there. Sorry guys, but I believe that this might be one of the worst songs of last year. (0.1/10)

-Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. Just pushed the deadline for submitting (2016 Hits 1 year-end list rankdown) to next Tuesday, which is 2 days later, and 5 days from today. So if you would like to vote you have 2 extra days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely forgot about it, but now it doesn't look like something that I want to do. Because I have to re-listen to the songs to give my honest opinion. We'll see. I ranked like...10 songs already, but that's about it.

      Delete
    2. You have two days to finish it if you changed your mind.

      Delete
  2. So now you're adding Dark Red = Song is in My Bottom 5 and Dark Blue = Song is in My Top 5?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lukas, for some reason you put Si UNa Vez in Dark Yellow = Song is Close to Red, not brown.

    ReplyDelete