5/3/17

Bruno Mars (2) - Week of May 13, 2017

Well, I guess this week was okay. Let's hope that we can actually get rid of some songs on here that have been on this chart for so long now. Love on the Brain really needs to leave at this point and there will be more songs mentioned when I get to my blurbs. Here were the poll results:
  • It Ain't Me - 10 votes
  • Rockabye - 2 votes
  • Paris - 5 votes
  • Shape of You - 2 votes
  • That's What I Like - 3 votes
Let's get to our exits:

  • Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#34)
  • Lorde - Green Light (#37)
  • Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises (#40)

Last Week's #1 Song: Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
The Chart
40. Rag'n'BoneMan - Human (#38)
39. Big Sean - Bounce Back (#29)
38. G-Eazy/Kehlani - Good Life (#35)
37. Louis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (debut)
36. AJR - Weak (#32)
35. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#33)
34. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance the Rapper/Lil Wayne - I'm The One (debut)
33. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (debut)
32. Axwell/Ingrosso/Kid Ink - I Love You (#31)
31. DNCE/Nicki Minaj - Kissing Strangers (#36)
30. Marian Hill - Down (#26)
29. Train - Play That Song (#30)
28. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#39)
27. Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign - Swalla (#28)
26. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm (#14)
25. Martin Garrix/Dua Lipa - Scared to be Lonely (#27)
24. Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake (#25)
23. Starley - Call On Me (#20)
22. Zayn/PARTYNEXTDOOR - Still Got Time (#23)
21. Machine Gun Kelly/Hailee Steinfeld - At My Best (#22)
20. Drake - Passionfruit (#24)
19. Kyle/Lil Yatchy - iSpy (#19)
18. Halsey - Now or Never (#18)
17. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill (#21)
16. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#17)
15. Rihanna - Love on the Brain (#13)
14. Harry Styles - Sign of the Times (#16)
13. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide (#15)
12. Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#10)
11. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (#9)
10. Julia Michaels - Issues (#11)
9. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#12)
8. Maroon 5/Future - Cold (#8)
7. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#3)
6. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne Marie - Rockabye (#4)
5. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (#7)
4. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#5)
3. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#7)
2. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You (#2) (nine weeks at #1)
1. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#1) (second week at #1)

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Zayn - Pillowtalk (second out of two weeks at #1)

Biggest Drop of the Week: Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm (-12)

Biggest Jump of the Week: Lady Gaga - The Cure (+11)

Hot Shot Debut: Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#33)

Greatest Gainer: The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#3)


New Entrants

-So first up we have Despacito. I was kind of worried that this song was going to debut on this since it was gaining on the Hot 100. Of course I was right. This song is pretty much trash in every way, shape, and form. The lyrics are so bad, and what happened to Justin Bieber? Anyways, let's hope that this song can flop on here, but I highly doubt that is going to happen in the meantime. The point is is that the vocals are complete trash, and the verses are horrible. I can't even stand listening to this song, and I'm not lying when I say that this is a possible contendor for the bottom 5 songs of the year for all songs that appeared on this list, and it's not even the worst song on the chart, and the biggest jump of the week probably says why.

-Next up we have the song called I'm the One. Personally, I hate it when DJ Khaled introduces a bunch of other artists into his songs. He did the exact same thing with Do You Mind. Although this song doesn't have as many featured artists or the song's title (when I type the whole thing out) is as long, it's still a pain of a hassle to write. DJ Khaled only had one featured artist with Shining, though (which was a one-week wonder on this chart), but that still doesn't help me like DJ Khaled. Call me a hater, if you would like. The verses, vocals, pre-chorus, chorus, post-chorus, and lyrics are all trash in every way, shape, and form. Had it not been for this debut and that other debut, this week would've been a billion times better.

-Our hot shot debut thankfully comes from Shawn Mendes with There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back. I can honestly tell that I might sick of this song like I did with Mercy. His verses are really good, and I can't stop listening to this song when it comes on the radio. I'm sorry if this entrant review was short, but I'm running out of time.

There's Nothing Holdin' Blurbs Back

-As for our exits, Green Light was getting a little bit old, but I still loved that song. Million Reasons thankfully wasn't with us for more than twenty weeks. And that one-week wonder? Definitely worth it.

-Looks like Human and Bounce Back aren't going to be with this much longer. I'm fine with that, because I'm starting to grow out of Human and Bounce Back was way overdue. Hopefully their departures aren't that far away.

-Hopefully Weak and Believer dropping are signs that those songs are going to leave soon as well.

-I hope that Kissing Strangers can become the next Cake By the Ocean or Side to Side.

-Down dropping is fine with me since that song is getting old. But I still like it, so hopefully the song can stay for a little bit longer.

-The Cure is completely uninteresting and should leave soon.

-Well, that huge drop from Chained to the Rhythm was completely unexpected. But that's fine with me.

-Looks like Scared to be Lonely isn't done yet. That's good.

-Those three songs above Scared to be Lonely really need to leave this chart as soon as possible.

-Passonfruit and At My Best are really good songs. Please become hits!

-Now or Never actually had a really good increase in spins, but the reason it didn't jump is because it fell six spins away from Castle on the Hill.

-It looks like this is end of Love on the Brain.

-Sign of the Times, please don't become a hit! Too bad, Lukas, it already did. I hate myself now.

-Slide could become a hit. I was originally going to put this song in brown, but that doesn't matter anymore since it had almost a 400 spin increase.

-Well, I Don't Wanna Live Forever and I Feel It Coming are really falling hard. I don't exactly care at this point, and hopefully they'll both be gone soon as they're no longer popular and old.

-In my predictions, I was actually thinking that Issues was going to be above Say You Won't Let Go. Thank god I was wrong and that Say You Won't Let Go was actually higher. But they're less than 200 spins away, so it could change next week.

-It doesn't look like Cold is going to become as big as a hit as Don't Wanna Know. That's good.

-Stay jumping and getting a huge increase in spins is good, but on the other hand, It Ain't Me having a huge increase in spins is really bad.

-Words cannot describe how pleasing it is to see Something Just Like This be the greatest gainer for not just once, twice, three times, but FOUR times. Thank you so much! (copy this 2,359,238,238,234 times).

-Of course the top two songs hold their positions. These songs are actually decreasing in radio right now, so hopefully they'll fall down soon.

Top 20 Review

-1 - Worst Song
None!

0 - Garbage
19. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
18. Rihanna - Love on the Brain
17. Julia Michaels - Issues
16. Kyle/Lil Yatchy - iSpy
15. Zayn Malik/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever 

14. Maroon 5/Future - Cold
13. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
12. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
11. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne Marie - Rockabye
10. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide


1 - Bad
None!

2 - Mediocre
9. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming
8. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy

3 - Decent
None!

4 - Good
7. Drake - Passonfruit
6. Halsey - Now or Never
5. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
4. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay

5 - Great
3. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill
2. The Chainsmokers - Paris

6 - Best Song
1. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This

Total Score: 35/100 (Insanely Awful)

#1 Recommendation for This Chart: Judah/The Lion - Take It All Back

My Top 5 Picks
1. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This
2. Martin Garrix/Dua Lipa - Scared to be Lonely
3. The Chainsmokers - Paris
4. Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill
5. Train - Play That Song


My Bottom 5 Picks
1. Lady Gaga - The Cure
2. Louis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito
3. Harry Styles - Sign of the Times
4. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
5. Julia Michaels - Issues

Question of the Week (QOTW): What song do you recommend to be on this chart? Given that my #1 recommendation for the chart is Take It All Back, that should probably give you my answer.

Songs That Debuted This Week One Year Ago + Review On Greatest Gainer

Greatest Gainer: Drake/WizKid/Kyla - One Dance
I already reviewed this song two weeks ago. Just.....no. (1/10)

Hot Shot Debut: Desiigner - Panda
One of the most over-hated songs of last year. And for a good reason, too. Just, no. (0.1/10)

Other Debut: Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For
One of my guilty pleasures. The beat is catchy, and the vocals are really good. Everything but the repetitiveness of the song. (9/10)

Other Debut: Ellie Goulding - Army
A song that appeared on this chart but not on the Billboard Hot 100. I definitely enjoy this song, and it's always going to be for a good reason. (9.5/10)

Other Debut: Bebe Rexha/Nicki Minaj - No Broken Hearts
W.............................T...................................F???????????????????????????????????? (0.5/10)

Other Debut: Melaine Martinez - Pity Party
This song only appread on the chart for one week, and I'm too lazy to actually write comments on this song. (4.5/10)

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^^^^That comment said Other Debut: Shawn Mendes - Mercy, just in case you were all wondering.

      Delete
    2. That being said, that must be a reference to something that happened exactly one year ago.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, but Chase needs to fuck off.

      Delete
  2. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Martin Solveig/Ina Wroldsen - Places

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now go fuck off Chase! This isn't even a fucking Weekend acountdown blog to begin with!

      Delete
    2. Yeah Chase go fuck yourself!

      Delete
    3. #1 Recommendation for Chase: It's Time To Die - Fuck off Chase

      Delete
    4. Guys, stop. I understand what you're trying to say but you're taking it way too far. At least too far for a music blog.

      Also, Chase, this isn't a Hits 1 blog. But you could recommend it to the Pop Songs chart.

      Delete
  3. I grew into your pink song.

    ReplyDelete