2/6/19

The 10 Worst Pop Songs of the 2010s Thus Far

Hello guys! So in this post, I will count down the ten worst pop songs that I have heard so far in this decade. These songs are atrocious in every way, shape, and form. I have thought carefully about what songs to include here, and I have made my final decision. I'm restricting this list to pop songs, though, because that's the only genre I really listen to anyways.

I guess that since the music has been going downhill lately, most of the songs on this list were made very recently. This is not a shocker. Music has gone downhill lately for almost everyone, with just about every genre getting worse overall.

You may like some of these songs on here, and that's fine. But don't argue with me about any of these picks. These are my picks, and the songs are atrocious in my opinion. But first, let's get to some dishonorable mentions that I would've loved to have ranted about but didn't make the list:

  • 5 Seconds of Summer - Girls Talk Boys
  • AJR - I'm Ready
  • Charlie Puth - One Call Away
  • Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty
  • Fall Out Boy - Uma Thurman
  • Jason Derulo - Get Ugly
  • Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me
Let's go!

10. Julia Michaels - Issues
I have no clue as to how we let this song become a hit. The vocals in this song are so fucking terrible. The lyrics are pretty dumb, and the production is terrible. Julia Michaels is an artist does not sound appealing whatsoever, and her other singles, Uh Huh and There's No Way, are similar stories. But for whatever reason, those singles are more tolerable to listen to as well.

9. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
This has gotta be the worst song from this band that I have ever heard. The production is lazy and boring. The sounds are extremely weird and god awful annoying. Twenty One Pilots has weird vocals in this song as well. The music is pretty bland as well. I don't get what's so good about this song...at all.

8. Halsey - Without Me
How the fuck did we let this song be a #1 radio hit? Halsey's autotuned vocals are a mess. The production is grating, as well as her vocals. The lyrics are terrible. This song is basically telling G-Eazy that he shouldn't be able to live without her. Like what the fuck????? The way she hits those high notes in the chorus is so god awful. This song is still gaining traction, and this song is only getting worse. If I ever do this again, don't be surprised if this song ends up ranking higher on this list.

7. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
For whatever reason, I normally don't hate songs that are overplayed like hell on the radio (like those in the top 10 for 20 weeks or more on radio, among other statistics). This is probably one of the only exceptions to that "rule." The rhyming in the song sounds weird, and the pre-chorus noises are extremely atrocious. Plus, Bruno sounds horrible in this song. The production was pretty lazy as well. Enough said. Next!

6. Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone here. Both artists are, fairly good, but when combined together, it is just one piece of mess. The production is terrible and lazy, and the rhythm is so fucking slow. Neither artist has good vocals in this one. And there's barely anything else to this song at all. Seriously guys, why. At least both artists have songs like See You Again and Good for You. But I'm not done ranting about one of these artists, though.

5. Camila Cabello - Crying in the Club
An extremely lazy production by Camila Cabello. This is her worst song ever. Everything about this song is god awful, from the lyrics, music, vocals, etc. At least she has I Have Questions and Consequences.

4. NF - Let You Down
While this song might be a rap song, it was a #1 pop radio hit, and that's enough to let this song be eligible for this list. It's pretty self-explanatory as to why I hate this song. I found it okay at first. But it got really bad even before radio killed this song for me. First of all, the production is basically nothing. There's pretty much nothing to this song. The voices are also extremely annoying as well. Good riddance to a song that didn't deserve the success it got anyways.

3. Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - S.O.B.
I only know this song because of Hits 1. And boy is it so bad. I absolutely hate the music and sounds between verses, and the song fucking takes forever. The vocals are extremely bad, and anyone could've written this song in like, a day. The lyrics aren't funny anyways. Next!

2. Robin Thicke/T.I./Pharrell Williams - Blurred Lines
I know that this isn't a pop song. But the fact that this song did really well on pop radio for whatever fucking reason is enough to let this song make this list. But based off of the lyrical content, I don't even know why radio fucking picked up a song like this one. The vocals are extremely grating and don't even get me started on the production. This is one of the worst, if not the worst song of 2013.

1. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar
This pick might surprise some of you. Selena has done really well in other songs such as The Heart Wants What It Wants and Good for You. But this is pretty much the atrocious version of Hands to Myself, another song that I thought was awful. And right when I thought we wouldn't get anything worse from her than We Don't Talk Anymore, we get this. The chorus sucks, and her voice is awful. She mumbles in this song like a lot, which is probably one of the worst sounds I've heard in my entire life. The other thing I do not get is that music critics actually like this song for whatever fucking reason. And some people even called it their best song of 2017. But this song flopped on the charts, which is good. And unfortunately for me, Selena Gomez holds the title of the pop song that is the worst of this decade. And unless we get something really bad in 2019, it's going to stay this way. But I'd prefer to let 2019 be a good year for music and not have a song as atrocious as this, anyways.


So there you have it! Those are my least favorite pop songs of the decade. Don't get me wrong, there are many other horrible songs out there too. But I mostly listen to pop and it would take too much work to try and listen to the rest of the songs all over again. If I ever get the time to, I would review the worst songs of the decade across all genres. But that's a story for a different day.

P.S. At this point, you should know what I ranked last on WAMB10's rankdown.

2 comments:

  1. This site is very useful for everyone. I have found lot of stuff here, which is very interesting, but don't forget to check my website. We have amazing jackets and coats. All products are available at discounted price. We have limited stock. Order your favorite ones now. Books of Blood Brown Anna Friel Coat

    ReplyDelete